Today, it takes more than just parents to nurture mentally and spiritually strong children. We are a family church with a strong desire to minister to children, youth, and adults. We believe that the encouragement and support of fellow believers are vital and an important part of an individual's growth in Christ. We desire to help you fulfill all that God has called you to do.
Pastors Joe & Rose Dejesa
What we Believe
In 1985, God laid upon Pastor Joe's heart to pray for a Filipino-American Fellowship in San Antonio. This prayer was answered in 1987, when a Filipino Military doctor came and started a prayer group in the northeast area of the city. Filipino-American Christian Fellowship began in 1988, meeting from house to house.
In 1989, we moved to Alliance Bible Church to accommodate our growing congregation. In 1991, God impressed upon the leadership of the church to change the church name to Lord of the Harvest Church (LHC) with the vision of reaching out to all people groups in the city, in America and the world with the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ.
In 1997, LHC moved to its present facility to accommodate the church growth. God continues to pour His Spirit with signs and wonders upon our church. We are committed and dedicated to bring in the harvest of souls before Jesus comes again.
1. To glorify God by the witness of our lives
2. To proclaim God's love for all people through Jesus Christ.
3. To prepare laborers for His end-time harvest.
What We Believe
1. THE BIBLE is an inspired Word of God and an infallible guide in matters pertaining to life, conduct, and doctrine.
2. THE TRINITY is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Our God is One, but manifested in three persons.
3. THE FALL resulted through Adam's transgression and sin entered into the world.
4. The REDEMPTION OF MAN occurred when Jesus came to undo the work of sin by shedding His blood to redeem and restore men back to God.
5. ETERNAL LIFE AND NEW BIRTH occurs when man takes the first tstep by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. Through sincere repentance of sin and acceptance of Jesus, man receives eternal life.
6. WATER BAPTISM is a direct commandment of our Lord and is for believers only. It is a symbol of the Christians' union with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
7. BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRITis a gift from God to believers, subsequent to the new birth, and is accompanied by the initial evidence in speaking with other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives the utterance.
8. SANCTIFICATION is a progressive work of grace which leads us to a life of holiness and godliness.
9. DIVINE HEALING is available for every believer and is the will of God.
10. THE RESURRECTION OF THE JUST will occur at the time of the the return of the Lord.
11. HELL AND ETERNAL RETRIBUTION is for those who physically die without accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. They are hopelessly and eternally lost in the Lake of Fire without further opportunities for repentance.